ISO 9001: Quality Management
ISO 9001 is one of the most widely used management tools in the world. The requirements of this standard are based upon eight management principles:
- Customer Focus
- Involvement of People
- Process Approach
- System Approach to Management
- Continual Improvement
- Factual Approach to Decision Making
- Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationship
Certified organizations must demonstrate a Business Management System capable of providing a product and/or service that meets customer and regulatory mandates.
ISO 14001: Environmental Management
ISO 14001 is a framework for an Environmental Management System that companies can follow and become certified. This is a voluntary standard that helps to reduce waste, conform to applicable laws and regulations, and improve company image. The standard is based around the framework of Plan-Do-Check-Act:
- Plan: Objectives and processes required are established.
- Do: Processes are implemented.
- Check: Processes are measured and monitored, and results are reported.
- Act: Action is taken to continually improve performance of the Environmental Management System based on results.