Half Inch Cores
Desktop printers are designed with a reduced footprint and are ideal for ticket and tag applications. These compact printers require smaller media than their tabletop counterparts, like tiny rolls of TTR wound on half inch cores.
What's the problem with fiberboard half inch cores?
- Open notches allow for ribbon fill-in
- Humidity can affect fiber material, changing the dimensions of the core
- Two notches make loading printers difficult
DNP developed a solution.
DNP has patented a special plastic core for desktop printers.
- Closed notches prevent ribbon fill-in
- Plastic material is unaffected by humidity
- Four notches for quick, easy loading
And we didn't stop there...
If one-size-fits-all doesn't apply to the printer media, it certainly won't work for packaging these small half inch thermal transfer ribbons either. Here's why:
- Sloppy, loose-fitting shrink wrap promotes telescoping
- Inefficient use of time and materials
- Difficult to recycle
DNP designed new packaging.
DNP half inch thermal transfer ribbons are wrapped in a single, recyclable cardboard tray.
- Neat, tightly-fitting shrink wrap prevents telescoping
- Greatly reduced time in packaging and uses 68% less materials
- Tray is 100% recyclable and made from recycled material